Friday, August 15, 2008

Ahhhhh, The Weekend

You would think that I had completed a sewing project of mammoth proportions this week instead of just a size 4 children's dress...I just no energy to do anything else.

Finally drug myself over to DD's classroom to help her rehang her Cowboy wall of pictures that fell down while we were up north this past weekend. It was a nightmare of tape, paper and pictures that took up a wall that measured about 10' x 10' - what a mess. We were able to get it back on the wall and the pictures don't look too bad from a distance.

Then somewhere I got the wonderful idea that I needed to bake bread yesterday - after an absence of 10 or so years of doing it. The good part is that I used my Bosch so it wasn't too bad a deal to do. The not so good part is that I used too much flour and if you dropped a loaf on your foot it could do some serious damage. Oh, well, I will know next time that I need to stop adding the flour even when the dough isn't cleaning the sides of the bowl.


In a couple of weeks we need to go back north for a centennial celebration and another wedding so I thought that I should get busy figuring out what to wear for the weekend. I like to peruse the clothes on NM's website for ideas and when I saw this outfit it reminded me of a vogue pattern that I had purchased at the last pattern sale.


Do you think that this pattern will work? September is such a confusing time of the year to dress for...it is usually still warm but can be cool in the morning and evening so I am not sure what type of fabric would be the best for this look.



Well, that is the plan that will hopefully be started next week...we'll see how adjusting the pattern goes!

No comments: