Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not much sewing happening at my house these days. I did sign up to participate in the SWAP on Stitchers Guild, found patterns to sew, made a story board, looked over material from my stash and haven't gotten any further. It's the middle of February and I am still at point 0! We have a store in another part of the country and trying to figure out how to make it stay afloat in this economy has taken much time, energy, thoughtful consideration and prayer. If all goes as planned, I should be able to start the sewing next week.

During this down time I have been hand knitting a little sweater for the granddaughter. It has been some time since knitting anything by hand and so I have had to rip out many, many rows. I am now trying to decide if it will look like a used garment by the time I have it finished.


As you know, there are all sorts of questionnaires that go around on Facebook, and for the most part I just press "Ignore" and go on. For some reason while I was reading Ann's post this morning I decided to do her little High School Questionnaire - my answers are boring but I had fun doing it. Here goes:


1. Did you date someone from your school? No

2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No

3. Did you car pool to school? The first two years I rode with my father and the last two years I was at boarding school.

4. What kind of car did you have? You've got to be kidding

5. What kind of car do you have now? Chevy Tahoe - I haul everything and when a semi hit me from behind going 70 mph while I was driving it in Tennessee, I was spared serious injury so I just can't part with it yet.

6. It's Friday night...where are you then? Home with the family.

7. It's Friday night...where are you now? Home with the family.

8. What kind of job did you have in high school? Babysat, worked in the library. The library sound boring but we had so many fun people working there that everyone wanted to work there.

9. What kind of job do you do now? Own a health food store, manage rental properties, one that we rent every nine weeks specifically for patients with cancer coming for Proton treatment.

10. Were you a party animal? No

11. Were you considered a flirt? If you don't tell my kids - yes

12. Were you in the band, orchestra, or choir? Of course!

13. Were you a nerd? Oh, no.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled? With my dad as principal for two years - he always took care of "things" when we got home.

15. Can you sing the fight song? We didn't have one

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Mr. Mayhew

17. Where did you sit during lunch? The first two years wherever we chose, the last two we sat where the hostess placed us at each meal. So we tried to place ourselves in line to make sure we could sit with our fun friends.

17a. Who did you usually sit with? Tried to sit with Sue, Laura, Judy, Kerry, Sharon, Roy, Jeff, Ron, Derick

18. What was your school's full name? Kansas City Junior Academy, Sunnydale Academy

19. When did you graduate? Oh, please.

20. What was your school mascot? We had none

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? We had a great time, but I would never want to repeat it.

22. Did you have fun at the Prom? We had banquets and I always had a good time

22a. What was the prom song? None

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to the Prom with? Nope

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? I only go when my good friends go as it is a long trip

25. Did you play any sports? I could barely pass P.E.

26. Did you have a senior class trip? That's what they called the bus ride to St. Louis and a visit to the planetarium. The bus broke down and we spent hours on the hot bus waiting. Sound like fun?

28. What were you voted Most Likely? Nothing official that I can remember.

2 comments:

cidell said...

Well, I was wondering who else could have gone to boarding school. I went to Shenandoah Valley Academy. We didn't have a hostess seat us. But, I was an RA and I would always make the freshman girls break it up and talk to other kids.

Janene said...

SVA sure had fun people graduate from there and you must be one of them too. I am impressed with your RA status - the freshmen girls probably needed your "encouragement". ;-}