Tuesday, April 14, 2009

COVERSTITCH

Today was the day I had decided to compare three different coverstitch machines, the Babylock BLCS, Janome 1000 and the Brother 2340?, to see which one I felt the most comfortable using. I had tried the Janome before and thought it was okay although the one I tried didn't make a great stitch. I thought that there would be no problem finding these models at a store nearby, to see a demo and sew a few stitches myself to see if I liked how they handled. I found 6 stores in my So. Cal area that carried Babylock and only 1 store even has a Babylock BLCS to try. I haven't found a Brother 2340 yet. Who would have thought!

I did contact a place in the San Diego area that had the machine I was looking for and they told me that they could not sell to me if I didn't live in their area - in fact it was one of the first questions they asked - what's up with that?

Oh, well, I am off tomorrow morning to see if I can't snag me a coverstitch machine of some kind...I am really looking forward to bringing one home!

No comments: