Friday, July 4, 2008

Finally Catching Up

It was a push to finish the JCC by the Monday midnight deadline but how fun to get past the hump and complete it. It has taken the rest of the week to get caught up on all that I let go in order to have my capsule finished so I haven't posted any of the pics.

I discovered that even after doing my fitting and making changes to the pattern that after the garments were sewn (the top and blouse/jacket) a few fitting problems still remained. This week I think I will see what I can do to refine the fit some more.

How thankful I am for the many sewers that are willing to post how they do different sewing applications and then take pictures to show you exactly what they're talking about. Shannon's blog gave me the courage to WASH the dupioni. I was scared to death I would ruin it but plowed ahead just based on her recommendations. I need not have worried as following her instructions proved the good thing to do and I won't have to think about the cleaning bill.

The next thing that Shannon explained was sewing the underlining to the fashion fabric right sides together and the turning them right-side out to produce beautifully finished seams.

Fitting info and other techniques were from reading blogs by Debbie, Gigi, Ann, Paco, Tany, Carolyn, Cidel, Summerset, Liana and others . Thanks to all who have given of their information - I promise not to hold you responsible for the outcome!

This is the final storyboard for my capsule -



Even though the are neutral they are so peaceful for me and will go with quite a few other garments in my wardrobe. I have enough of the dupioni to make pants so I might think up something else and continue on with the July projects. That is after I make a dress for the granddaughter and teepee for the grandson.....

2 comments:

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Janene .- thank you for showing these clothes so beautiful. The whole package is beautiful. congratulations. Hugs, Paco

Anonymous said...

I just saw your photos on flickr, and I have to congratulate you! They are really beautiful, and I cannot see the fitting issues you claim (especially about the dress: It seems very well fitted in the picture). The colours suit you well and it all looks very elegant!
Well done!