Friday, October 10, 2008

Can't Believe It!

I love to read sewing blogs and learn as much as I can. Lately I have been reading the discussion of vintage patterns. To be honest, I hadn't given "old" patterns much thought but was interested to see the patterns others were purchasing. The styles are wonderful but I was intrigued by the pages of instructions. Don't get me wrong, I love to have patterns that can just be zipped up quickly, but the intricacies of these old patterns that are posted really drew me in.

When I was at my Dad's in Texas my sister and I were discussing sewing and I told her how I thought maybe Mom had had some of the old patterns that were listed on e-bay and that I would be interested in them. It was disappointing to go through everything and find that she had gotten rid of all of her vintage patterns and that was the end of the discussion.

Today I received a call from my sister telling me that I owed her and she would take 2 dresses in her size and in the fabric that she would choose. Of course, I had no idea of what she spoke. It was then that she told me that she had been to her FIL's girlfriends garage sale and was able to purchase 36 patterns from the 50's to the 70's. One of the ones she wants has buttons down the side and she said the pattern is beautiful. She doesn't sew clothes but she was excited after she saw the dresses. When I get back to Texas next week and get the patterns I will post some pictures of my newly acquired patterns. (She only paid $.25 per pattern!) I am so excited!!

1 comment:

Nancy Winningham said...

I thought I posted this before, but I don't think it went through. I really enjoy reading your writings, but the format you are using is cutting off the ends of your sentences on the page display. Is there any way to fix this? It is only happening on the posts by James.