Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Not Sewing but Having a Great Time

It should be a bit of relief to leave the intense heat of Texas and arrive in the cool breeze of the plateau of Tennessee - but I am a heat lover! and am having to grab the blankets to stay warm. But it is worth it to be with our son, his wife and two children for a few days. We don't get to be with the grandkids too often so we are having such a great time playing games, going to the park, cooking and singing until the hour they are whisked off to bed by the parents.


While here I was able to take pictures of some little backpacks that I made for the kids about 6 months ago. I had forgotten all about this pattern until I reorganized all of my patterns and found it at the bottom of the pile. They were fun to make and the kids seem to love them. My DIL is expecting the third child, a boy, in December and just let me know that she would be expecting a backpack for the new little one....a frog! There was no frog pattern included so I will be staying up at night to come up with, design, create, copy, a frog backpack.


No comments: