Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's Finished

After 4 weeks of looking through, cleaning, sorting, choosing, and selling, everything down to the last piece of paper has been taken care of at my parents home. It was an emotional and tiring journey and I am glad to be done. We thought that just two weeks would be enough to have it all done so it was a bit of a surprise to still be hanging around a month later. We had planned the garage sale a week earlier but the forecast predicted a day of rain due to Hurricane Ike so we postponed it a week and wouldn't you know, it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day anyway!

While I was here I thought there would be some time for sewing at least a little knit top but it looks as if I will be taking my patterns and material back home the same way that I got them from the store. The only sewing I did was to put new elastic in a garter so that my niece can wear her mothers garter when she marries in December - she was thrilled so I count that has productive sewing.

1 comment:

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Janene .- I am glad that I had a good month. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I want to tell you that you can read the post in English in any of these blogs:

http://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com/

http://sewingtutorials.blogspot.com/

As you know, some blogs are both very interesting and with many ideas for sewing. Greetings from Spain and see you soon.

Paco