Friday, September 5, 2008

Update

So sorry that I haven't been able to post anything. I drove to Texas to help my father go through all of the things left in his house since my mother died a little over a year ago. Although he remarried in February of this year he had kept his house that he shared with my mom until now. So it has been a little of an emotional roller coaster going through the things and dividing them up and making a stack for a garage sale.

I am staying at his old house where he has disconnected the internet so I am going through a withdrawal from reading all of my sewing blogs! My sister lives just down the street, so I have hit the computer while waiting for lunch to cook.

My dad and sister left early last night so I did cut the pattern out of Burda # 7764 and am hoping that this next week they will need to quit working early so I can actually get the muslin cut out and stitched up.



As I look at all of the things that were so precious to my mom - and really not to anyone else but my sister and me - I am so thankful for the humble home that I was born into and for the strong foundation that they took the time to build in us kids and for the great sacrifices they made in our behalf. I would say that it is one of those things that VISA really cannot buy.

1 comment:

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Janene .- you are right, the happiness of a mother is not available to VISA ... I hope everything's OK. my best wishes to you. Ahhhh .... and looks forward to his new jacket, every success for this project. greetings and see you soon. Paco