Sunday, November 9, 2008

Buttonhole Attachment

I happened to read The Sewing Divas blog tonight where Gigi showed buttonhole attachments that she has recently acquired. When I saw the pictures of the buttonhole attachments she was recommending I wondered if there might be one that was similar in the sewing cabinet that I inherited from my mother-in-law. Because everyone else in the house is asleep, I only looked briefly and quietly and found one that I hadn't seen before...it looks like this

The instruction booklet was first published in 1939 with my copy being a 1946 version. I am excited to get up tomorrow and play with making buttonholes! This should be fun.

1 comment:

cidell said...

I LOVE my buttonhole attachment. It makes a huge difference. Especially when I dealing with thicker fabrics.