Saturday, November 22, 2008

Wedding Dress

It is only two weeks until I leave for my niece's wedding in Dallas. It seems like I just returned from there and the thought of packing everything up and heading back makes me want to just sit down and eat some cookies! But I will resist the urge and start thinking about what to wear.

I can't wear any shade of winter white, the bridesmaids dresses are red so that is out, and black is not socially correct (unless you live in California...) That being said, when looking for a pattern for a new dress I found this one

The one on the right is made from a beautiful brown stretch velvet and it is a classy look. A trip around town looking at the local selections of stretch velvet have left me with the choice of.............black. The only other option is a trip to the garment district but I'm not sure there is time. I will get the pattern ready tonight and see how we are on time this week and then decide on what to do about the fabric.

Since I will be coordinating the wedding I really need something that is comfortable, warm, appropriate and of course, chic. (oh, and I forgot, slimming!) We'll see if this is the magic dress.

There was another choice

but with all of the moving about, up and down and all over the church and reception hall, I was afraid I would need to do more adjusting of the top to make it comfortable to do all of those things. I really like the lines of this one so maybe it will be just a holiday dress in any color of my choosing.

I am so glad that it is Thanksgiving week as I have so much for which to be thankful. Even with all of the happenings in the United States and the world and despite my personal circumstances, I am blessed and every day I have to remind myself to list those things in order to keep life in perspective. I hope you all have a chance this week to take inventory of your life and surroundings and find even the smallest things for which to be thankful. If you happen to be reading this - I am thankful for you.

1 comment:

Nancy Winningham said...

I really like the Butterick dress. It looks very chic.