Saturday, November 8, 2008

Silhouettes That Will Work

I have way too many patterns for one thing and having to go through them all and find silhouettes that work together for the SWAP 2009 was another. That being said, it was actually fun trying to put things together and then once it was all on the storyboard, it was exciting to think that I might really like these pieces together - and might even wear them!

One of the tops is my TNT pattern that I really like and the others, well, I have never made any of them! With my niece's wedding and a new grandbaby before Christmas I am at least hoping to get the patterns fitted and maybe muslins made by then so I can start the sewing after the first of the year.

In looking through my fabric stash, I have to admit that black and white are the predominant colors and will probably be the basics of my SWAP unless on a second look through I can come up with something else. The bright other color decision hasn't been so easy so I will spend some time this week figuring that out.

I had really wanted to make a white shirt (you know Tim Gunn says that is a must!) to go with the SWAP but can't figure out how it will look with the collarless jacket. I love that jacket, but it really limited my choices for tops. I loved this top but after looking at the storyboard saw that it wouldn't work with the jacket and had to x it.


Well, here is the latest version of my storyboard - we'll see how it goes!

No comments: