Monday, November 3, 2008

SWAP 2009

I had a little time to spend reading some sewing blogs and websites last night and came across the SG SWAP 2009. I have been following the SWAP Contest for the last couple of years and had decided to join this year but had not seen the official rules until last night. The nice thing is that the contest covers a longer period of time to complete the sewing - I'm thrilled about that!

Since I haven't been even thinking about this before last night I need to double my efforts to see what I can come up with today in the way of a plan for these garments and their fabric. I would love to use what I can of the fabric in my stash and then fill in with a trip to the Garment District in LA.

Awwww, then there is the fitting of the pattern to think about - it is still a struggle for me to get garments to fit me the way I think they should - guess I had better start on that right away too so I am ready to sew as soon as possible.

I am off to the sewing room to see what I can dream up.

2 comments:

Nancy Winningham said...

I have only been reading your blog for a short time, but I am fascinated. I have not gone back and read all of your previous posts, but are you and James husband and wife? Do you both travel back and forth from California to Africa or other countries? I am so interested because I am planning on going to Uganda in the spring.

Janene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.