Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Have Not Been Tagged

....but what the heck, thought I would just answer the questions anyway since it keeps me from actually cutting into the dupioni silk that I bought for the June Capsule Contest. It looks pretty all folded and neat hanging there from my bookshelf and I hate to disturb it. Excuses, excuses.

So for that diversion:


What was I doing 10 years ago?
I had negotiated purchasing a house for our daughter that needed major fixing up. She had just graduated from college and was in her first year of teaching and we thought it would be a good idea to buy something rather than just rent. The main house had a little 500 sq ft cottage behind it that we would use when we came to visit so as to not intrude on daughter and her roommates. I did all of the painting and sub-contractor duties for what needed to be fixed and remodeled. It has been a great investment but I am sooooooooooo glad to have all of the hard completed.

What are 5 things on my to-do list today?
1. Schedule a health talk for our store.
2. Mail the bill to the insurance company of the truck driver who rear-ended me going 70 mph.
3. Check references for potential renter.
4. Have Michael explain why we should use Joomla to create a website for missionary doctors in Bere, Chad, Africa.
5. Call Sarah to let her know that the house is already rented.
6. Cut out pants pattern for the JCC

Snacks I enjoy.
fruit
popcorn with brewers yeast - you should try it
just about any kind of cookie
nuts

Things I would do if I were a billionaire.
1. Buy a house in the country with its own water source.
2. Expand the store.
3. Expand health care, clean water sources, and agriculture for Chad, Africa.
4. Fund physicians for relief duty in these 3rd world countries.
5. Create a drop-in center for the homeless youth on the streets of LA where they would learn skills to work for their handouts and to provide for themselves.

Places I have lived.
How much time do you have....
Lincoln, NB
Jacksonville, FL
St. Petersburg, FL
Belle Glade, FL
Louisville, KY
Kansas City, MO
Centralia, MO
Memphis, TN
Orlando, FL
Takoma Park, MD
Loma Linda, CA
Berrien Springs, MI
Paradise, CA
Dallas, TX
Arlington, TX
Grand Prairie, TX
Baker, OR
Camarillo, CA
Suisun, CA

and I am only 39 years old.

What types of work have I done.
Secretary - Heart Team Cardiologist
Radiology Transcriptionist
Radiology Receptionist
Music Teacher
Sold Bernina and Passap
Office Mgr Chiropractic Office
Human Resources Asst. Mgr.
Store Owner
Rental Homes Mgr.


If you happen to read this and haven't answered these questions, please add your answers and let me know so I can know you better.

1 comment:

Marji said...

I don't see Chad on that list, but clearly you've lived there. I'd love to know more about the blog entries you're writing.
When did you live in Suisun? Do you know Roxane and Tim?
I'm so intrigued, having just read your blog entries.
And how do you get to be moving an adult child into a home and only be 39?