Friday, June 27, 2008

TWO DOWN

I can hardly believe it myself, but I have finished my dress for the JCC. It has a total of 8 darts that I've discovered are worth the pain (I'm not thrilled to do darts) because they have a slimming effect. It is a very easy pattern and shouldn't take very long to do. Because the poly I used was so light I had to line it with some batiste. Even that wasn't bad. My challenge always ends up making all of the adjustments I need to and then making everything match up. I can't complain because it is way better than it used to be when I tried to make adjustments and make sure that I had changed everything that that adjustment affected...but I have quite a bit of room for improvement. Good...I look forward to it.

Three days and three garments...hmmmmmmm.....

Here is the dress with my accessory scarf.

Guess I should have used a clothes pin on the back to give it more shape and have it look like a smaller size. ;-]

Next up are the pants -

and the top
This top is similar to the one with the pants, the only difference is that I have made this one before, with adjustments, and it halfway fit so why at this late date should I start with a new one.


No comments: