Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Flat Seat Adjustment


Okay, just a quick note to say that my goal of ending today with a wearable muslin pant did not materialize. I was just a bit discouraged when, after taking much time to adjust the pant pattern, I tried on the muslin and they did not fit anywhere!

I remembered reading about a flat seat adjustment on SC by Ann Rowley so I scurried to find the instructions that she so graciously shared. What a save for me - at least for the one leg that I have completed and tried on it surely fit differently. Since I had already cut the pants out I just cut the fabric in the manner she described for paper pattern and sewed where I had cut back up again after making the adjustments.

So we'll see what tomorrow brings when I do the other leg and put them together...I'm crossing my fingers...


Ann's flat seat adjustment can be found here http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php/topic,2106.0.html and her great photos of making the adjustment here http://www.flickr.com/photos/7370831@N07/sets/72157600004811376/detail/

No comments: